I’ve developed a bond with the child concerned, what can I do?

If you have a bond with the child, you can do the following: – Secure a legal framework – Ensure the child’s long-term progression – Show that the bond between the two of you [...]

Who can apply to be a Special Guardian?

You must be over 18 years and have an existing or possible relationship with the child. You could be: – Grandparents – Aunt/uncle – Brother/sister – Other relative. Also [...]

What is a Special Guardianship order?

Special Guardianship means that the child lives with carers who have parental responsibility for them until they are grown up. The child is no longer the responsibility of the local authority. [...]